You won't be able to see light produced from germicidal UV lights because UV light does not produce visible light.
UV wavelengths can range anywhere from 100 - 400 nanometers (nm).
UVC light (germicidal UV light) falls between 200 to 280 nm.
What is UV-C or germicidal UV light? Disinfection up to 99.999 % Technology
Benefit of using UV-c light
- Up to 99.999 % germ reduction – highly effective against bacteria, yeast, viruses and mold
- Sustainable, chemical-free disinfection – no residues, no AOX
- Excellent quality assurance – unwanted microorganisms are reliably inactivated
- No resistance build-up – even effective against germs resistant to conventional disinfection
- Dry process – no moisture
- Temperature-neutral – no heating of media or surfaces